RUSM Preparatory School
Welcome to the Ross University Early Learning Center and Preparatory School in the Commonwealth of Dominica.
We are passionate about helping our students enjoy the process of building their knowledge and improving their skills through active engagement, student-centered classes, and play. Diversity of assessment contributes to student enjoyment of classes and their ability to succeed. We incorporate a variety of methods to allow students to express their abilities clearly and teachers to meet them where they are academically, intellectually, socially, and emotionally. Development is encouraged through active methods in our multi-age and multicultural classes for children from six weeks of age through 14 years. We strive to prepare our students to be engaged citizens in a global society.
Honoring parents as their child’s first teacher, we recognize the importance of collaborating to empower our children in learning. Communication is central to this home/school partnership. Please feel welcomed in sharing your concerns and celebrations. We want to work together! Some values we hope you’ll share:
Success in school is important!
- This requires a commitment at home and at school through study time, space, and conversations about school work.
- To be successful in school children need to arrive on time and attend consistently.
- Reading is essential for school success. Read a lot!
- Healthy children learn better. Children need 8-10 hours of sleep nightly, active play, and healthy meals and snacks.
- Please stay in touch through email, face to face communication, social media, etc.
- Participation in school activities is essential.
We are committed to providing the best educational experience possible. I look forward to partnering with you through this exciting time.
Kelly Roy, Ph. D.